Old 20-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Doug Kanter

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message
In article ,
Doug Kanter wrote:

She didn't say "Christians". She said "the religious right".

Right. All Christian Republicans. Sorry,
the "good ******/bad ******" distinction
didn't work 50 years ago, either. Bigots are
bigots, whether they make bigoted statements
about race or religion.

billo

But....I know Christians who don't meddle in other peoples' business. Maybe
THAT is the distinction, not the names we use for various groups. If a name
is necessary, perhaps something like Obsessive Obnoxious Missionaries would
do. When we hear the word "missionary", we think of religious zealots raping
cultures in third world countries. However, they try and do it here, too.
They can't see that some people get along just fine without them, thank you.