Old 20-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Doug Kanter

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

But....I know Christians who don't meddle in other peoples' business.

Maybe
THAT is the distinction, not the names we use for various groups. If a

name
is necessary, perhaps something like Obsessive Obnoxious Missionaries

would
do. When we hear the word "missionary", we think of religious zealots

raping
cultures in third world countries. However, they try and do it here,

too.
They can't see that some people get along just fine without them, thank

you.

The one & only place outside of a church where you're GUARANTEED to have
100% Christians is a Ku Klux Klan meeting. That's something Christians
should always bare in mind when noting that SOME christians aren't such
racist mofo gits, as it's just one reason that mistrust of
christianity-motivated politicking is not to be trusted as even marginally
decent.

As for missionary types. Had a couple mormons on my front porch two weeks
ago who refused to leave. I was being polite in asking them to leave, &
they took the polite tone or the refusal to just slam the door as an
invitation to stay & keep jabbering at me in the most offensively
religious terms -- & I note this as someone who collects religious texts
of all faiths & know a great deal about most of these ideologies.

If these had been homeless chaps instead of mormons, being as aggressive
asking for spare change as these guys were pitching religion, they could
actually be arrested. They kept trying to get me to engage them in some
kind of religious debate, & the more I refused the more they insisted. Not
until I narrowed my eyes & alluded to them as "trespassing mother****ing
gits" did they finally catch my meaning & go away.

A week later, another pair of Mormons peered in at my open door & called
for my attention. I refused to go to the door, but called back at them
from the kitchen to put this address on their "don't bother the
godforsaken Jews' house" list. One of the chaps actually said, "Okay," &
they left.

-paghat the ratgirl

They usually approach me when I'm in the garden with my hands full. The last
time I recall, they kept trying to shove pamphlets into my hand. I pointed
to the trash can and said "Save me a trip, OK?" They kept talking and
insisting that I take pamphlets. Finally, I said "Those are made of paper.
Paper comes from trees. My god says that if you waste trees, you'll burn in
hell." They left.