Old 20-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Rob Halgren

K Barrett wrote:

code. With a few hours of monkeying around and trying stuff you should be
able to make a credible web page. I'd hate to see you spend bucks on
something that is relatively easy to do. Don't be afraid of screwing up.

Absolutely. It is easy to make a simple website. Any monkey
(myself included) can do it. It takes a bit more work to make things
fancy and have the dancing bears and singing hamsters, but I've never
liked the fancy stuff.

And, the good news is that the worst you can do is have your website
not look right. You aren't going to destroy the internet with a
mistake, or even inconvenience the other users on your hosting service.
You can make all the mistakes you want/need. Nobody will even know...
The other good news is that you can see how somebody else did it. Find
some pages you like, and use the little 'view source' menu item in your
browser to see the HTML code. So, if you like something, use it.

Get a tech support guy on the phone and make them help you and define terms.

Good luck... Most tech support these days is explicitly designed to
decrease the number of people they help - it is cheaper to have half
your customers hang up after an hour on hold.

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit
LittlefrogFarm is open - e-mail me for a list )