Old 21-08-2004, 08:12 AM
The Watcher

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:04:05 -0400, Sheila wrote:

(snip)
I also believe in science do not deny, misrepresent or attempt to stop
the teaching of science. As a matter of fact I think teaching science
is a good thing. I just don't happen to believe in evolution.

Oh boy, another True Believer! Do you really have the courage of your
convictions, though? If you REALLY don't believe in evolution, you should make
sure and tell your doctor(if you go to doctors, that is) in the event you ever
get an infection, that you want him to prescribe nothing but sulfa drugs for
you. Sulfa drugs worked just fine for infections when they were developed. They
should work just fine now, unless the germs have evolved. Go ahead. Make their
day.
(snip)

If you ever do acquire a solid Faith, you'll discover that science &
practicality & reality are not rivals of Faith, ook ook!

The spirit of science and the spirit of religion will forever be in opposition.
-Dostoyevsky(and I agree 100%)
(snip)