Old 21-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Chookie

In article , Terry Collins
wrote:

In the real SW Sydney, we've had rain on both Monday & Tuesday (so far).

Of course, it it just wet the surface stuff.

We're right in the middle of Sydney (Lidcombe) and had about 50mm over 3 days.
Headed out happily to plant a shrub today in my front yard and discovered that
underneath the mulch, the ground was *still* dry. That was at the bottom of
the slope in my front garden :-( OTOH my vegie patch is looking good,
probably because the soil is better quality. In the front yard, I think I may
have a major problem with water repellence.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet