Old 21-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Tumbleweed

"GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY" wrote in message

"misterroy" wrote in message
i remember being told of placing a hedgehog in clay, placing in an open

fire
and cooking by one of my primary teachers. Does it work and what's the
recepie?

You are talking about the Romany way of cooking 'hotchi'.
My late father had cooked and eaten this. You take a dead hedgepig, cover
thickly in clay, and bake in a hole filled with charcoal for a certain

time.
When it is done, you peel off the clay and the spines come out with the
clay.
I have an aversion to eating any other carnivorous animal so have never
tried it myself. But I guess my Rom' blood has been well and truly diluted
so I can excuse myself :0)
I still have some habits which originate from my forebears though which I
tend to adhere to.

Offering to tarmac people's drives or sell them 'lucky' heather?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com