Old 21-08-2004, 02:39 PM
escapee

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:50:12 -0400, Sheila opined:

(...)

Does someone who doesn't work and is able really DESERVE to take money
from the rest of us for anything! I'm not talking about those that
really can't work, but most welfare recipients are very able to work.

(...)

Do you honestly think people on welfare is the big issue in this nation? I
mean, do you honestly believe that? I live in a state where social programs
are so slashed I have yet to meet any one individual who is on welfare and my
taxes are sky high. I don't love taxes, but I pay them for the greater good of,
and to honor my great fortune to have been born in a country where I can be free
and have some control of my own life.

Since editing of this thread is horribly poor, I cannot attribute who said what,
but who is it that mentioned killing innocent babies? So, not sure, but are
embryo's innocent babies when they are discarded after the sperm and egg donor
has twins from their pricey in vitro fertilization? Don't you think if the stem
cells can turn into a liver for another child who will die without one should
get the same opportunity of life? What about spinal cord injuries where people
can no longer breath or swallow. Are their lives important too, or just the
embryonic cells?