Old 21-08-2004, 02:46 PM
escapee

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:51:59 -0400, Sheila opined:

remove munged wrote:

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:17:12 -0400, Sheila
wrote:

dykerider wrote:

"Helen Crames" wrote in message
newsgBUc.276159$%_6.32608@attbi_s01...

Isn't abortion much more expensive than birth control?

Helen

Not if the government pays for it.

Why should the government pay for it?

Sheila

Pay now or pay later, lots cheaper to abort than try to educate and
socialize an idjet

So, it's OK to abort a child?

Yes, Sheila. People have abortions. That's their karma, not yours. Mind how
your own life is going and don't have an abortion if it goes against your
principles, but don't slide down the slippery slope of putting religious faith
or mix up your emotions with others' emotions.

Personally, I am not pro-abortion. I'm pro-choice. I would not now choose to
have one, but that's easy for me to say having had a complete hysterectomy.
However, I have my right to choose and have had that since I was about 15 years
old. Aren't there any more important issues in the world to direct so much
energy toward?

Why not do fundraiser's for kids in the United States who have nothing to eat
tonight. Did you know in the Ozark Mountains there are children who live
without running water or electricity? Have you ever been to a really poor
community? Maybe the effort you put in to help keep these kids alive is
misguided. Maybe you can go out and raise some money to help support these born
children, who are actually going to repeat the same thing their mothers did.
Have more babies who will have nothing...the beat goes on. Maybe your church
should take some of that money and instead of buying a bigger organ, can donate
it to these families who are so far out in the bush they don't know there IS a
welfare system. Yeah, it exists in America, believe it or not.