Old 21-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Gunnar Savage

Just from looking at the pictures you posted, I'd say that your maple is an
Acer saccharum - Sugar Maple. (Also known as a Rock Maple or Hard Maple) The
black spots are most likely Leaf Scorch (a physiological disorder) and is
caused by excessive drought. There isn't to much you can do about the leaves
that is already affected. As for the smooch? Well I thought it was a good
idea, but my wife says I have to pass. ***GRIN***
(Diagnosis made from: Manual of Woody Landscape Plants, 5th printing;
Michael A. Dirr, page 54)

"Stu Pidasso" wrote in message
Something has definitely gotten to my maple! This tree is full grown and
this year the leaves are COVERED in black spots. Anyone know what this

is?
I don't want to lose this tree. I've posted pictures on
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. If someone could take a look an tell me

what
this is/how to treat it, I'll....I'll smooch ya!
Thanks in advance!