Old 21-08-2004, 09:32 PM
The Guy

In article ,
Bill wrote:

SugarChile wrote:

"nutNhoney" wrote in message
found an idea for cascading strawberries using three pots in a magazine.
The author indicated that slugs would not be a problem. I
transplanted my strawberries into one raised bed and half barrow. I'm
wondering if slugs will be a problem in the raised beds?

My slugs must not have read that particular magazine--they are always a
problem 8-0.

Seriously, you may have slugs, you may have earwigs, you may have any
number
of other plagues.

[stuff deleted]

You can also use decollete snails (depending on where you live) or a liberal
application of uncooked coffee grounds when you begin to notice appreciable
amounts of damage.

[stuff deleted]

Bill

My experience with decollete snails after 6-7 yrs is that they somewhat
control brown snails but not slugs (alas). I don't have to use snail
bait anymore but I do set beer traps for the slugs.

--
SteveO