Old 18-08-2004, 08:53 PM
K Barrett

Admittedly I'm not very up on how these things work. Sometimes I'm amazed I
can get out of bed in the morning.

So I can change OrchidSafari.org and orchidtrek.com to a company like
web.com and still have the domain name properly registered? Only taking 3
days for it to go global?

Pretty cool!

The Pac Central judging center will like that when I get around to renewing
that domain name too. Anything to save a buck. They seemed a bit dismayed
at the last business meeting that these web costs were annual and ongoing.
The Pac Central hasn't got a great revenue stream. Come to think of it I
don't think they have one at all. Any money they have comes from donations
or support from member societies or from raffle table plants the judges may
donate to member societies - and they've cut back on doing that too.

Anyway,

Thanks Philippe and Eric,

K Barrett

"Philippe" wrote in message
.202...
Domain Registry of America often tries this scam. They are trying to get
you to switch to their own fairly expensive domain registry service.

Network solutions is also fairly expensive, given that web.com is 6.95
$/year and godaddy is 8.95.

Philippe

"K Barrett" wrote in

'Domain Registry of America' sent me a bill for renewing
OrchidSafari's domain name. I usually register with 'Network
Solutions'.

Has anyone else gotten this sort of bill? I'm trying to figure out if
Domain Registry is trying to take my business from Network Solutions
(like 'slamming' in the phone company). I was just about to pay it
when I realized it wasn't the same company.

Isn't there was only one source for domain names? Or am I old
fashioned it doesn't work that way anymore?

K Barrett