Old 21-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:48:39 +0100, Steve Jackson
wrote:

I have a number of these Agapanthus plants in containers on my patio,
and have fed and watered them religiously this summer, having kept them
indoors frost free all last winter, bringing them back outdoors in May.
Several of them are large plants, but none of them have flowered this
year at all - not one single flower stem!

Anyone offer advice on what I may have done wrong please? Are they worth
over-wintering again?

Any help appreciated

What have you fed them with? Too much nitrogen? Haave they plenty of
leaf?
I don't keep mine indoors in winter, but in a sheltered place where
they stay dry. (I'd put them in a cold greenhouse if I had one.
The larger the leaf, the less hardy they are. My narrow leafed ones
in containers stay out in the open.
I have not had so many flowers in total on my plants as last year so I
am feeding with tomato feed NOW. Last night on GW they said feed
agapanthus now with seaweed solution to encourage flowers for next
year, so I did that also!
They are always worth the effort. Give them another chance. They are
marvellous when in flower!

Pam in Bristol