Old 21-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Vox Humana

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , zxcvbob

wrote:

Doug, Vox, et al,
Could y'all go masturbate somewhere else? Maybe take it to email or
something. This group is supposed to be about gardening.

Regards,
Bob

Bushes are garden plants & loony rightwingers have vegetables where the
rest of us have brains, so it IS all about gardens.

But you don't like a measily one off-topic thread, don't read it. Your
kvetching about it is doubly off-topic -- being off-topic for the
off-topic.

I suspect that the problems isn't so much that it is an off-topic thread as
much as that it isn't flattering to organized religion. Bob accused me of
lying about the percentage of priests that were gay a few months ago. When
I posted a link to a study conducted by a faculty member at Johns Hopkins
University that supported my assertion, not so much as a "sorry" was posted.

http://tinyurl.com/46thx
http://tinyurl.com/532dy

Interestingly, Bob found it just fine to post a message about his fondness
for Fox News to Rec.Food.Cooking just last week - sounds off-topic to me.
http://tinyurl.com/5b96p

And a message about how Germany was "screwed" prior to WWII - to
Rec.food.cooking
http://tinyurl.com/3mzqj

And a message about how USA today declined to print a column by Ann
Coulter - to Rec.food.cooking
http://tinyurl.com/6998o

Now, I'm not saying that Bob shouldn't have posted the messages. I just
find it interesting that he has a problem with others posting to off-topic
threads here while he posts to off-topic threads on other news groups.