Old 22-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Vox Humana

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Vox Humana wrote:
"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , zxcvbob

wrote:

Doug, Vox, et al,
Could y'all go masturbate somewhere else? Maybe take it to email or
something. This group is supposed to be about gardening.

Regards,
Bob

Bushes are garden plants & loony rightwingers have vegetables where the
rest of us have brains, so it IS all about gardens.

But you don't like a measily one off-topic thread, don't read it. Your
kvetching about it is doubly off-topic -- being off-topic for the
off-topic.

I suspect that the problems isn't so much that it is an off-topic thread

as
much as that it isn't flattering to organized religion. Bob accused me

of
lying about the percentage of priests that were gay a few months ago.

When
I posted a link to a study conducted by a faculty member at Johns

Hopkins
University that supported my assertion, not so much as a "sorry" was

posted.

http://tinyurl.com/46thx
http://tinyurl.com/532dy

Interestingly, Bob found it just fine to post a message about his

fondness
for Fox News to Rec.Food.Cooking just last week - sounds off-topic to

me.
http://tinyurl.com/5b96p

And a message about how Germany was "screwed" prior to WWII - to
Rec.food.cooking
http://tinyurl.com/3mzqj

And a message about how USA today declined to print a column by Ann
Coulter - to Rec.food.cooking
http://tinyurl.com/6998o

Now, I'm not saying that Bob shouldn't have posted the messages. I just
find it interesting that he has a problem with others posting to

off-topic
threads here while he posts to off-topic threads on other news groups.

This Bush thread has been going on for days and has accounted for about
half the messages in this group lately. Doncha think that's enough?

Actually, 28% of the messages ... but I don't keep track unless someone
brings up the subject. I don't think the length or longevity of the thread
is of any consequence. I read and post to threads that interest me, and
skip the rest.

In each the above examples, I posted one or two messages in an
existing off-topic discussion thread.

It was a quick search, not an exhaustive one. I don't care if you post
hundreds of messages to off-topic threads all across Usenet. I just don't
think you can be critical of posting to off-topic threads when you do it
yourself. I do think that you are more likely to confront posters who
disagree with your political point of view.

I'm not saying that's a *good*
thing, but I hardly see how it compares to you and Doug saying pretty
much the same rants over and over and over and over and monopolizing the
group.

I'm not monopolizing the group. I don't have that kind of power. I have
responded to messages posted by others. I guess I crossed some invisible
line or something! Somehow I bet that line wouldn't have materialized had I
been advancing the RNC point of view.

Get a room or something.

Consider skipping threads that don't interest you.