Old 22-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Christopher Green

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:00:43 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
wrote:

Thanks to *everybody* who answered me! We called it snake grass when we
were kids, but I didn't realize it was the real name. I found no
commercial vendors who carried it, but several folks on eBay were
offering plants, so I put in a bid. I'm planning to put it in a new
raised bed, so I'm not as worried about its invasiveness, since I can
control spread so much easier in raised bed.

It will be lovely to have a little reminder of my happy childhood
summers here in the garden of my middle age. Thanks again to all who
helped with information.

Priscilla

Various Equisetum species have made the noxious-weed lists of many
states. It is not on the list for Mass., so you should be OK.

--
Chris Green