Old 22-08-2004, 02:56 AM
zxcvbob

Volfie wrote:

I admit it, I'm a ditch lilly junkie. (As well as lots of other things folks
consider troublesome weeds. Is this a good time to transplant some from
the roadsides into my gardens? I used to do it in the spring but that cuts
down on the blooms for that year. Can I do it now?

Giselle

I set out some daylilies last year about this time (or a little later)
and they did great. I then moved them out of the vegetable garden to a
flower bed in late spring (while some were blooming) and they hardly
seemed to notice.

The ditch lilies should transplant even better. I would move them now
so they can get established a little before winter.

Bob, zone 4