Old 18-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Larry

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:16:12 -0600, "news.pcisys.net"
wrote:

I still have a 3/4 a bail of straw ("they" said it was barley straw)
from last year. Did not do much for the water, or so it would seem.
Maybe I had it placed improperly. From what I am reading now, it should
not be submerged all the way to the bottom and probably not place in
the bio filter either.
Maybe I will give it another try placed near the top of the water.
Water has been bright to dark green all summer with about two weeks of
partial clarity (could see maybe 2 feet down.) Veggie Filter should
come online in about 5 days (that is when the liner is supposed to arrive.)
Nice to hear from other Coloradians! :-))))
W. Dale (Spring Ranch - Colorado Springs)

Newbie here. I have just a little waterfall pond and won't be getting
string algae. But can you tell me how the straw helps in your larger
ponds and does anything happen to the pond over years Straw is not
degradable is it?

TIA

Larry
Southern Ontario