Old 22-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Re(2): Tomato varieties.

ed writes:

Hehe. Maybe I could have termed it differently. When the veggies are
ripe, I
take them to work pretty much every day to have with my lunch.

A couple of my 1884's are starting to turn. The flavor of those is
absolutely incredible. Can't wait.

I like to see the looks I get when I slice up a 1 pound-plus tomato
durning
lunch at work!

Isn't it grand?!!!

It's cool to take *one* tomato to a friend and have them astounded by the
size of it. This year, I have gotten several Brandywines from the bushes
whereas most years I am lucky to have more than two or three per plant.
They and the Black Krims must surely be tomatoes straight from heaven!

I have tabouli base in the fridge and will be adding the tomatoes and
other veggies in the morning for a great summer treat. Of course, tabouli
is one of those things one loves or detests, no in-between on that one.

Glenna