Old 22-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Weeble

What you need is some copper fashing a couple of inches wide. It's pretty
soft and easy to cut. They also make a copper snail barrier but I don't
know what it's called.

Shell

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
All,

'Tis the summer of the escargots! Big, fat snails hiding in the pots, on
the benches, etc, and doing their evil night work.

I've been using Garden Safe Slug and Snail Bait by Schultz, and it does

work
(I've been throwing out dead snails). I chose this product because Casper
the cat goes out in the lanai and it's safe for him. But the pellets
degrade in water, and end up a soggy, moldy mess. This eventually
disappears, but it's still mold, and going into the pots.

It seems to me that I remember copper being an effective snail/slug
deterent. So, if I wrap copper wire around the edges and legs of the
benches, and around the hanging bars, will that help?

TIA

Diana