Old 18-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Eric Hunt

Kathy,

There are now many many sources for domain names. Another layer has been
introduced into the system. These new companies literally "wholesale" domain
names from Network Solutions and resell them to you.

The upside is that they are providing MUCH cheaper prices. I pay $8/year for
orchidphotos.org through namecheap.com and about $35/yr for erichunt.com
through Network Solutions. Now that erichunt.com isn't as critical a website
to keep up - I will probably change the registration over to namecheap.

That's my one concern - I'm still not completely clear on what happens when
you move your domain from one registrar to another.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
'Domain Registry of America' sent me a bill for renewing OrchidSafari's
domain name. I usually register with 'Network Solutions'.

Has anyone else gotten this sort of bill? I'm trying to figure out if
Domain Registry is trying to take my business from Network Solutions (like
'slamming' in the phone company). I was just about to pay it when I
realized it wasn't the same company.

Isn't there was only one source for domain names? Or am I old fashioned

it
doesn't work that way anymore?

K Barrett