Old 22-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Ben

Mike wrote:
I was thinking of pyracantha, I've already planted some to stop them
climbing over a low fence and its vicious stuff :-) I guess, apart from
being spiky, the main attraction of a hedge is that its self-repairing.

I don't know if it applies to private property, but we have been warned that
if we plant a 'barrier' hedge such as spiky things, we could be prosecuted
if anyone gets damaged or their clothes are torn etc etc in this PC
world:-(( . This is in connection with a public path of over 130 metres
long bounding a piece of land owned by the Parish Council.

Might be worth checking.

Mike

Thats ridiculous, its only recently the police were saying don't use
barbed wire, you could be prosecuted, use a spiky hedge instead! They'll
be demanding a foam covered bouncy castle next. I'm seriously annoyed
with the police round here at the moment. a small minority of them think
its unacceptable to smash people's garden fences up, but the majority
seem to view it as a civil matter and nothing to do with them. If I hear
one more police officer say "there's nothing we can do" I don't know
what I'll do, but I'll probably get arrested for it! What really takes
the biscuit is a colleague of mine who's car was vandalised was told by
the police that they don't chase after vandals any more, because all
that happens is they just run away! Can I have my tax back please?