Old 22-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:38:02 -0600, wrote:

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:02:42 -0500, "Fritz von Herbenfeller"
wrote:

Take a bar of Irish
Spring soap...

Seriously, the as far as I know, the only sure way to keep the deer
out of your garden is a 10 foot fence.

The clue for folk remedies is any discussion whatsoever. IF soap (of
any brand), or human hair or urine or chile solution actually worked,
there would be no discussion. It would be in all the FAQs. It would be
standard advice in gardening mags and newspaper columns.

I guess it's the appeal of magic. It's a lot more interesting to
imagine hanging up a cheap bar of soap would be the perfect deterrent,
than to accept that (expensive) physical barriers are the only things
that stop hungry wildlife. Same with rabbits, of course. And cures
for the common cold. :-)