Old 22-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Rusty Mase

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 00:02:28 GMT, "Robert Alexander"
wrote:

Dear Austinites,
You may laugh but shortly after the sunflower seeds ran out, the booger flew
into a rage and mauled the photographer.

The rabies shots were tough but we think he's gonna make it.

I hope the photographer went to a doctor to obtain medical advice
prior to taking these shots. According to the Center for Disease
Control:

".........no transmission of rabies from a rodent to a human (or any
other mammal) has ever been documented in the United States".
CDC. Rabies prevention - United States, 1999. MMWR 1999;
48(RR1):11-21.

Now, it might take more digging into the published information to
really verify this but any medical professional that recommended
rabies shots for a squirrel bite is simply selling shots and is likely
guilty of malpractice.

On the off-hand chance that you are merely joshing us, you need to be
aware that some folks might not get the pun.

Rusty Mase
Paisano Industries LLP
www.paisano.com