Old 22-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Ian Stirling

In uk.d-i-y mike ring wrote:
Ben wrote in news:412792bb$0$950$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-
reader03.plus.net:

Hence picket fence
with pointy top, or lowish spiky hedge. The house on the other side of
the footpath has a hedge and it hasn't done the tarmac footpath any
damage, although its planted in soil, not holes drilled into the tarmac.

From what theu do to brick walls of front gardens, and fences round here, I
would say get a good hedge in if you can.

For some reason they seem less attractive to vandals, and there are some
good prickly ones, I know of pyrocanthus, which is a real thug, and seems
bulletproof as well, and the birds love it in autumn - (I had the care of
one once), but I expect the good folks here know of some more evil species.

Does anyone know where you can buy seeds for triffids?