Old 22-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Jacqueline

Along the same vein, my co-worker posted signs on his propert that say "No
Trespassing. Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."

--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA
"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
From the nut-case end of the spectrum: Some gun shops sell decals showing
the front view of a revolver and the words "Never mind the dog - Beware

the
owner". Buy a few, have them laminated for $1.25 at Staples, and tack them
to the trees. Might work, might not. Might work better if you found one of
the noise making devices some grape growers use to scare away birds. They
sound like a shotgun blast, and they're VERY realistic. The first time I
heard one, I hit the dirt. They're usually on timers, but I'd bet you

could
rig up some sort of motion sensor arrangement. Call a farm supply store.

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Many of my fellow gardeners and myself have had problems with people
taking fruit
off our trees. One of them had his Redhaven picked clean when he left
his house for
a few hours. They must have used ladders, and had to scale a four foot
fence. I get
drive-by samplers, who jump out of their vehicles to grab some goodies.
Short of
getting a Rotweiller Guard Dog, wonder what can be done about stopping
or discouraging these predators.

Sherwin Dubren