Old 22-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Salty Thumb

(paghat) wrote in
news
Funny how the smell-of-soap-repels-deer urban folklore usually is
restricted to the magical properties of Irish Spring -- perhaps
because it's got Irish fairies in it. Sometimes it's Lifeboy, Ivory,
Coast, or Dial has the magic properties, but the great majority of
times it's Irish Spring.

I believe using soap has also been suggested on that well known
gardening show "Ask This Old House" tickle.

I don't know why you'd ask your house anything, but I guess the old ones
would know better than the young ones.

(Irish Spring the only soap ever marketed as a "manly" soap),

Irish Spring is manly soap??? Finally, I can get rid of my vat of beef
tallow and lye!

Haven't you ever heard of 'soap on a rope'