Old 22-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Vox Humana

"escapee" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:39:12 GMT, "Vox Humana"

opined:

Maybe I'm being optimistic, or pie in the sky, but I think our generation

is
finally learning how to be nice and loud, much the way the GOP are, and

many
people are not used to it. Many people are not used to Democrats or

Liberals or
anyone outside their primitive agenda, speaking out or giving quotations,

or
citation on any information to rebuke their false claims.

I was thinking the same thing. If you tune into the "shout shows" on cable
news like HANNITY and colmbs, you will see that the conservatives have
mastered being loud. I was reluctant to speak up until recently thinking
that people might not like me if I asked too many questions or said
something that was unpopular. It occurred to me that I was in a situation
where our president was supporting constitutional amendments to discriminate
against me. Violent hate crimes are on the rise. The religious-right is
going on TV saying that people like me are responsible for 9/11. The Pope
has blamed the moral failures in his organization on gays and has blamed
feminists for the advancement of the gay movement. It was obvious that
there was nothing to lose.