Old 22-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Vox Humana

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "Vox Humana"
wrote:

..

2) A friend who was convinced someone in the neighborhood came into her
yard & picked ALL the cherries off a tree, leaving not one, put up a sign
with an unhappy/angry message, hoping the thief would read about the
owner's feelings. But I don't think there is really any doubt that birds
got them.

I have a bunch of wild paw paw trees. They don't set fruit very well, but
last year had an impressive crop. I watched them, waiting for them to
ripen. Someone here asked for some seeds and I assured them I would be able
to send them. I went out to check on the harvest and not a single paw paw
could be found. I'm sure that they were eaten by the wildlife. This year I
haven't seen a single piece of fruit.