Old 22-08-2004, 05:59 PM
K Barrett

I know. But show season is starting up, so new opportunities will arrive
soon!

K Barrett

"Weeble" wrote in message
m...
Sounds really nice. I wish the nurseries close to me would carry

something
other than the usual generic stuff. Of course I would be broke all the

time
if they did

Shell

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
news
So today I went out to buy some potting mix in the plant nursery nearby,

and
to take a look (just a quick look) at the orchids they've got. Well,

imagine
my surprise when this cute little Paph just insisted on coming home with

me,
very persuasive for such a small plant. :-). My husband I think was less
surprised then I was. He knows me so well.

It's a Paph (Makuli-Curtsii)-Maudiae x Paph Maudiae "Napa Valley"

HCC/AOS
Sib.

The pot is tiny. I've never owned anything in a 2 inch pot before. This
plant has got these beautiful variegated leaves with lots of new

growths.
count at least 5 separate 'crowns' -- or whatever they are called in
Paphs -- I have been primarily Phal person, and don't really know Paph
terminology yet; this is only my second Paph.

Anyway, it looks healthy. It's in bud, but the bud still has to grow a

bit
before it opens. The people at the nursery had no idea what the flower

will
look like, and I couldn't find a google image of this particular cross.

But
I assume by the color of the bud that it will most likely be one of

those
light green Paphs, or possibly yellow, unless it's still too early to

tell.

Anyway I am all excited about it ... and about the two Phals that I got

from
Al's last weekend, did I mention those yet? I don't think I did.

I got a Phal Zuma Chicadee 'Marilyn Munster' Keikie, peloric . This is a
keikie of this white peloric Phal of Al's, which is just gorgeous.

In addition to this one, I asked Al to select another Phal in spike for

me,
but I asked him to not tell me what the flowers will look like, and I

have
not really studies the tag yet -- it's my mystery orchid, and I want to

be
surprised.

Joanna (who is very happy with her orchid collection right now)