Old 22-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:32:57 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Those are great ideas; thanks! Every couple of years we have a table top
display demo. Putting up a full display takes too long for a meeting, but
maybe an outline would help.

Whatever I do needs to be humorous, in any event, because that's my style
and that's what seems to keep the group sharp and involved. Some months
back, when I wasn't getting enough people donating plants for a big display,
Frank made me a graphic of a cartoon cat beggar, with an orchid in it. I
pasted it on a big piece of oak tag on which I wrote "Will work for display
plants!". At the beginning of the clinic, I slapped a plastic pot on my
head and sashayed around the room with the sign. Got lots of laughs, and
some new volunteers, too.

Diana

Our shows are usually table top displays. Even with three or
four societies displaying will only have 2 or 3 that go to the
floor. A real test is the display with 5 or fewer plants. For
one thing it proves that everyone in the group can put a display
together and it is easier to carry. I almost took show theme
with one and we had one display that took theme with only one
Phal. Think outside the box.
SuE