Old 22-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Weeble

Default Newbie Questions

I bought one of those pop-up ponds, does anyone know how to get it to fill
up without collapsing? Or am I just going to have to use it as a liner for
something else?

I also have set up a small above ground container pond, about 25 gallons or
so. I have put egg rock in the bottom and I plan to add a small fountain.
What I need is a suggestion for a very small purple water lily. I have a
small pot of horsetail and will be adding two louisianna iris and possibly a
Japanese iris (all in pots). I did buy two of the small water lilies from
the local Lowe's, a red and an orange one, which have very small leaves. I
suspect it may take a few years for them to bloom but I'm not sure, does
anyone have any experience with these?

The pond has water in it and I have the pump and fountain ready to put in
(as soon as the thunderstorms pass). It's situated in a spot that gets full
sun most of the day and I don't plan on putting in any fish. I would like
to put some kind of wall around it also.

Any advice or information is appreciated

Shell