Old 23-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Rusty Mase

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:33:55 GMT, "Cindy"
wrote:

".........no transmission of rabies from a rodent to a human (or any
other mammal) has ever been documented in the United States".
CDC. Rabies prevention - United States, 1999. MMWR 1999;
48(RR1):11-21.

BUT, would YOU want to take the chance?

For sure, as there is no risk involved. I would reflect on whether I
had kept up with my tetanus booster shots, but you need to keep those
current for working in your yard.

Overall, you are at greater risk of catching a serious disease from a
mosquito. About the only rodent-like animal I would be worried about
would be rabbits as they can carry a fairly serious disease that can
be transmitted to humans, tulermia.

Rusty

Rusty Mase
Paisano Industries LLP