Old 22-08-2004, 11:15 PM
an eclectic garden

(Laur) wrote in message om...
Dear fellow gardeners,
I have a small garden, and have had one every year for the past
couple of years. I've never had deer eat anything. One reason is
because I grow herbs in my garden, and deer don't like herbs. Also,
to keep bugs away from our tomato plants, I surround the perimeter of
the garden with marigolds. I hope that this helps.
Laurie

A friend of a friend swears that trolling wire streched around the
garden befuddles the deer through some effect of magnetism. He claims
that the deer walk up to the wire, startle, and walk away. Has anyone
heard of such a thing? I thought that I had heard (and tried) every
folk remedy but this is a new one!!

Deer netting works well but they can and do punch through.

Sally
http://www.aneclecticgarden.com