Old 23-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Paul E. Lehmann

escapee wrote:

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:48:41 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
opined:

AGREE!!!!
I spent two involuntary tours in Vietnam in the U.S. Army between 1967 and
1979 and I witnessed atrocities such as cutting off ears of the dead,
burning down villages, shooting of water buffalo and ducks and rape.
Those in Vietnam who did not witness or perform such were probably
garrison troops in a headquarters unit.

Also, I spent some time at a place called Dong Tam in the Mekong Delta.
You
could climb a short distance up the comms tower and look into Cambodia.
It was common knowledge that the boats there and troops WERE going into
Cambodia.

Welcome home, soldier and thank you. I'm glad for people like you and
sorry we
have undesirables who would do such murderous things. It's no wonder many
Vietnam Vets can't talk to this day about their tour of duty there.

Victoria

Thank you,
I see where I had a typo in my post - it should have read between - 1967 and
1970.

The following was from a post on another newgroup about the helicopter pilot
who drew dawn on soldiers at My Lai and saved a few lives by doing so.
This was on TV a couple weeks ago. The same type of individuals are the
ones questioning Kerry. The post follows:

How did you guys treat Hugh Thompson the helicopter pilot who risked his
life and stopped the killings at My
Lai?**Why*he*was*treated*as*a*traitor*by*his
fellow vets!**He*received*death*threats*and*the*officers* club*would*empty
when he walked in to have a drink.**The*U.S.*military*even*stopped*providing
him with adequate back-up on his missions after My Lai!**Are*these*the*same
Vietnam Vets who are now accusing Kerry of being a traitor?