Old 23-08-2004, 02:39 AM
B & J

Default Mushroom growing medium salt

A friend called this afternoon asking if I had an idea what salt used
mushroom growing medium contained that made it too "hot" to be used around
plants prior to composting for six months to a year. She had done searches
prior to calling and told me she could find nothing specifying the "salt"
involved. I speculated that it probably was a nitrate, but....

Any help would be appreciate. BTW, I mentioned this group had a number of
knowledgeable people who probably could help. Last week she was particularly
impressed with paghat's description about the echinacea problem, including
its vectors, that I forwarded to her after she had experienced a similar
problem. Personally, I really enjoy paghat's political observations.

John