Old 18-08-2004, 05:00 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Crashj" wrote in message
k.net...
"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

That to me is just pure corporate greed! I bet they claimed a LOSS to
theft/damage and still made a profit, or broke even on these preformed

ponds
rather than let someone enjoy them.

C'mon, nothing like that devious an approach is required. I am sure

Wal-Mart
is self insured for employee/customer theft, so there is no insurance
company to be defrauded in this case.

## You just mentioned the INSURED employees! You can tell me these stores
don't carry general theft insurance. Someone is PAYING for the ponds cut up
and tossed out, along with all the things from the greenhouse that are
dumped in a huge pile behind the building for the trash truck.

As far as writing off the inventory, of course they do. Profit is what

taxes
are assessed on, so profit = sales-expense.
If Wal-mart does not make a profit the who are the ultimate losers?

## I still say the insurance companies. Either them or the company they
bought the merchandise from. Does anyone know for sure that Wally World
EATS these losses? I'm only going by what I heard over the years from
people who worked there (and K-Mart). It's still a selfish self-interested
act on their part. Lowe's and HD mark things down as much 75% or more, and
people love it - I don't see these places going under and it's good PR.

The
customer, that's who. That would be you and me.

## Yep, us too.......

Crashj

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"If athletes get athletes foot, do astronauts get mistletoe?"