Old 23-08-2004, 04:03 AM
Roy

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:03:24 -0500, "~ Windsong ~" wrote:

===
==="Roy" wrote in message
et...
=== So your using the regular old tomatoe fertilizer spikes for lillies?
=== How have they like it so far? Certainly tomatoe fertilizer stakes
=== have to be cheaper than the 10 or 12 in the bottle stuff that the
=== local places around here sell for $7.95
===============================
===Seems like all the fertilizers for pond plants are overpriced. I've been
===using the cheaper Rose stakes broken into thirds for my lilies and Lotus.
===Works great. :-)

Well I looked in about 8 diferent stores this weekend for tomatoe
plant fertilizer stakes and not a store carried them. But I think I
remember seeing rose stakes......... By chance I was in a Lowes that
was about 60 miles froom home today and actually found those
pre-planted water garden flower assortments, that were properly
treated. Was kind of hard to pass up Water lillys that were marked
regularly for $11.95 andnow reduced to $5. something each, especially
when they were already leaved out and were doing fine. I was not sure
about the other plants like horsetail and bog bean etc as they had no
growth on them so I left them be,

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.