Old 20-08-2004, 07:11 PM
how

"Pinkpggy" wrote in message

We don't have a man made bio filter either, or a skimmer.
We have a undergravel filter in our actual pond. The water is also

filtered
through rocks on both levels of the waterfall .What we do is use a shop

vac to
clean the rocks on both levels of the waterfall. We have a drain on the
outside of the pond that we use to clean the pond. We stir up the rocks

so
that stuff floats to the top and turn the drain on.
snips

Hi,
You do have a "man made bio filter" it is the undergravel one. A problem,
IME, with this is that it is also the mechanical fiter. I have a few
questions on yours if you don't mind? How deep is the gravel, in the pond,
in the waterfalls? What kind of gravel is it I.E. crushed, river, large,
small, etc. ? How often do you have to 'shake up' this filter and after the
'stuff' floats to the top do you net it or does it go out a drain and where
is the drain? What kind of plumbing is under the gravel? What size are the
holes in the plumbing? How do you clean the holes?
L8R -_- how
no NEWS is good