Old 23-08-2004, 05:47 AM
The Watcher

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:04:39 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

(snip)
The following was from a post on another newgroup about the helicopter pilot
who drew dawn on soldiers at My Lai and saved a few lives by doing so.
This was on TV a couple weeks ago. The same type of individuals are the
ones questioning Kerry. The post follows:

How did you guys treat Hugh Thompson the helicopter pilot who risked his
life and stopped the killings at My
Lai?**Why*he*was*treated*as*a*traitor*by*his
fellow vets!**He*received*death*threats*and*the*officers* club*would*empty
when he walked in to have a drink.**The*U.S.*military*even*stopped*providing
him with adequate back-up on his missions after My Lai!**Are*these*the*same
Vietnam Vets who are now accusing Kerry of being a traitor?

I'd say the helicopter pilot is hardly in the same league as Kerry. He's an
honest and courageous man. Kerry, on the other hand........well, his own words
speak eloquently for him.