Old 23-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 17:41:13 GMT, Priscilla Ballou wrote:

Thanks for the helpful info. I think the inset container would work
best. Heck, this is all theoretical right now. The landscaper won't be
able to build the beds until after Labor Day. The bed I want to put the
snake grass in will be under the livingroom windows, next to the
sillcock. It won't get lots of sun, and I'm planning on that being my
"textures of green" bed, with ferns, snake grass, lilies of the valley,
and a touch of color from astilbe or the like. I could put the snake
grass container so it's mostly inset but a little raised, and cover that
fact with some strategically placed stones. Yes? I'm thinking of

No. Not unless you want to chance your yard (not just your bed) being a
solid stand of Equisetum in the future. Pot, raised above the soil
surface several inches, with clear airspace underneath, and monthly or
so examinations to remove any bits that want to come out and play in
larger plots of soil.

If you're a fan of the Old Star Trek... well, Equisetum does a pretty
good tribble imitation.

Kay