Old 18-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Mike Patterson

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 01:23:16 GMT, "Crashj"
wrote:

"Lydia" wrote in message
I used to work at Barnes & Noble.

trim tale of evil rip off artist
Sure enough, this guy comes into our store, picks the books we had in

stock
that were on the receipt, off of our shelves and went up to the cashier to
ask for a refund. He ran away when we told him we knew what he had done.

By now you understand the cost of the book as an object is a minor part of
the expected revenue to the owners of the intellectual property, so I hope
that point is well made.
As for the rip off artists, Wal-mart is the target of the largest organized
group of thieves in the world, and it is not the mafia. The mafia stays in
one place, these are the travelers.

For s secnd there I thought you were going to say "they are the
IRS"...

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin