Old 23-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Cereus-validus

Dead in the water. You were lost but now you are found! You have finally
seen the light!!!

The plant was never Fockea tugelense at all!!!

If you had ever seen the plant, you would have noticed that neither the
leaves nor the flowers look anything like those of a Fockea.

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
"Plants in cultivation as Fockea tugelensis have proven not to be that

species
but are actually another caudiciforn not at all closely related and

correctly
named Petopentia natalensis (Schlechter) Bullock."

So why am I dead? I should have worded it more carefully that the two are

not
actually the same species, but one of them has been misidentified.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)