Old 23-08-2004, 01:06 PM
William Brown

Vox Humana wrote:
"William Brown" wrote in message

Vox Humana wrote:

"William Brown" wrote in message

Now, I'm not saying that Bob shouldn't have posted the messages. I

just

find it interesting that he has a problem with others posting to

off-topic

threads here while he posts to off-topic threads on other news groups.

No. The problem is that you babbling yahoos are tying up server space
and driving out legitimate postings. Take this crap to an appropriate
forum!

I would be interested in some specifics. For instance, how many

messages

have you been unable to post because of this thread? What happens if

this

thread is taken to another newsgroup on the same server?

Its not that one can't post, its that postings disappear very shortly as
they are replaced by newer postings, and we get a message that the
posting is no longer available. The ISP allocates a given amount of
space to the newsgroups they carry, individually, so taking this to an
appropriate newsgroup would not free space for this newsgroup, which
would still have its alloted space.
--

How much space is allotted to this newsgroup on your server?

I don't know, but I know it is not enough to accomodate the large number
of off topic postings that a small number of inconsiderate posters are
flooding this newsgroup with. There is no reason that people who want
to discuss gardening should have to subscribe to a separate service just
to accomodate people who lack the self discipline to stick to the topic,
and the courage to discuss politics in a political forum.
there.