Old 23-08-2004, 02:59 PM
dd

That's for sure--it's a five-minute job and not messy at all. I have a
little repotting station set up downstairs by the laundry tub.

Here's what I do to repot:

First, I always have PrimeAgra soaking in a container--I use an empty
plastic kitty litter container. These containers are great--they come
with lids and handles and are great for storing dry S/H and chemicals
too.

To repot, I remove the orchid by up-ending the pot in Kitty's old
litter box (which catches stray pellets), but a dishpan would work as
well.

Then, I put the plant in a wire-mesh colander and rinse the algae off
the plant's roots. Then I trim off any bad roots, but most of the time,
there aren't any to speak of.

Then I put fresh media in the bottom of the new, larger pot, plunk in
the orchid and its roots, which are still clinging to a lot of the old
media, and fill the new pot with pellets that fell out of the old pot
plus new pellets to fill. That's it!

In article , Ray
wrote:

Joanna,

That is yet another reason to consider semi-hydroponics! Repotting is a
snap.