Old 23-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Doug Kanter

"Anonny Moose" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message
news:I0eWc.296886$a24.77108@attbi_s03...

Put up a fence for god's sake.
Karen

Finally, someone with a reasonable solution to an extremely petty

problem.

Sorry, Karen, but zoning laws in virtually all cities prevent the
construction of a fence where the lawn meets the street.

And might that be because where the lawn meets the street is actually

an
easement controlled by the city? Try moving the fence back onto your
property and don't tell me that fences in front yards in "virtually

all
cities" are prohibited by zoning laws, cuz it's just not true. And

even
if
your city does have such a law, why not consider planting a

dog-unfriendly
hedge of some sort, like barberries or rugosa roses? Certainly a lot

easier
than doing battle with your neighbors to the point where the cops are

called
or posting signs which beg to be ignored or more likely, willfully
disregarded.

Pam, I like barberries, but not 75 of them, which is about what it would
take to line my property's edge. Then, I have to trim them, as well as

deal
with them as I mow. If that happens, the dog owners have stolen TIME

from
me, something I have little enough of to begin with.

As far as a "petty issue", when you have to spend 15 minutes cleaning

your
shoes, and perhaps the better part of a day shampooing your carpet,

that's
not petty. That's a crime.

Next suggestion... get help with your anger issue. You can get meds to

help
with this obsession over a minor (yes, petty) problem. If you are daily,
weekly, or even monthly spending a whole 15 minutes cleaning your shoes

and
a few hours cleaning the carpet then the time spent trimming a hedge would
be minimal in comparison.
Karen

You could get help, ma'am. How can you not see that it's pure, delicious fun
to mess with dog owners? For that matter, *any* segment of the population
that's brainwashed is fun to mess with.