Old 23-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Mike

No. 94 is a knot called a "moneys fist" I know that. Used on the end
of heaving lines.

Not a 'proper' Monkey's Fist because the end has been brought out and
taped!!!!!! Shock Horror, and the size shows that there is not a ball inside
:-((

Now when we come to Brass Monkeys, that is a different subject, still
afloat, but a long way back, even before my time :-))

Mike

--
British Pacific Fleet Reunion Birmingham September 17th - 20th
H.M.S.Collingwood Assoc. Mini Reunion Weekend at Coventry Sept 24th - 27th