Old 23-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Crimson Castle

The compost is a closed black bin with a lid. Its in an area that gets full
sun but the earthworms hate it. I don't know about winter conditions but in
Summer the ordinary temperature reaches 40C - it should be considerably
hotter in the compost bin.

As for bagging the seeds etc.. I don't intent to keep seeds but when you
place the copious amounts of weeds into the containers - it is simply too
hard to sieve their seeds out.

Anyhow, I'll place them into plastic containers and let them rot in them in
some obscure part of the garden for 3 months or so.... Otherwise, whenever I
am digging a deep trench or something deep - I'll throw them in where they
will prove to be of no use to anyone except the humble earthworm.