Old 23-08-2004, 05:53 PM
The Watcher

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:18:43 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

The Watcher wrote:

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:04:39 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
wrote:

(snip)
The following was from a post on another newgroup about the helicopter
pilot who drew dawn on soldiers at My Lai and saved a few lives by doing
so.
This was on TV a couple weeks ago. The same type of individuals are the
ones questioning Kerry. The post follows:

How did you guys treat Hugh Thompson the helicopter pilot who risked his
life and stopped the killings at My
Lai?**Why*he*was*treated*as*a*traitor*by*his
fellow vets!**He*received*death*threats*and*the*officers* club*would*empty
when he walked in to have a drink.**The*U.S.*military*even*stopped
providing him with adequate back-up on his missions after My Lai!**Are
these*the*same Vietnam Vets who are now accusing Kerry of being a traitor?

I'd say the helicopter pilot is hardly in the same league as Kerry. He's
an honest and courageous man. Kerry, on the other hand........well, his
own words speak eloquently for him.

"You know I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation. I've
never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil business.
But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get elected to public
office."
-- Dubya in 1989

Nothing Bush says changes Kerry's lies to the truth.