Old 23-08-2004, 06:09 PM
paghat

In article , "Charlie C."
wrote:

"Vox Humana" wrote in
:

"Wil" wrote in message
Homosexuals are not married. They are partners of a different kind,
like room mates, or other kind of sex partner but can not legally
enter into

the
marriage contract. They have rights as individual but not as a couple
who

is
in a marriage contract between a man and a woman. It has to do with a

legal
contract. The contract says between a man and a woman.

I don't think that is being questioned. The issue is that same-sex
couples SHOULD have the right to enter into the same contract. It's
simply a legal matter. If churches don't want to "marry" same-sex
couples, that's their business. Remember, at one time marriage was
only open to two white people of opposite genders. People in mixed
race marriages were criminals in many states. People saw that as a
partnership of a different kind. Things change.

Bush and Kerry are both for civil unions among gay couples that would give
them the same legal rights (and punishments!) that married couples receive.
Both Bush and Kerry are against gay marraige saying that "marraige" should
be between a man and a woman. So, if you're gonna complain about Bush you
need to complain about Kerry as well. BTW, Edwards (the REALLY liberal
Democratic contender) was against gay marraige (and for civil unions) as
well.

Only Bush, however, calls for a Constitutional Convention to revise the
Constitution so that homosexuals can never have equal rights under law.
This would be the first time the Constitution was ammended to restrict
rather than to extend rights.

Kerry thinks it's fine if Massachussetts extends gay right of marriage,
but California bans it. Kerry's stance is that it should be each state's
right to decide for or against, & from my p.o.v. his stance sucks raw
eggs, is wussy, & certainly not pro-gay. But it's not the high degree of
EVIL that calling for Constitutional restrictions of civil rights happens
to be.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"