Old 23-08-2004, 06:39 PM
gng

I have a Sequence 7200 and Aqua Ultima filter. The original guy who built
this used 1.5 inch, but when you do the math you actually get nearly twice
the water with 2" pipe. Been told the intake is the most important place to
have the larger pipe. Sequence told me to use 3" if I could for even more
flow.

gary
"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Grumpy" wrote in message
How much difference will there be between 2 and 3 inch pipe? I'm trying
to do 3 inch flexible pvc pipe all through out. One problem I am for
seeing is that one of the filter's I'm planning to use only has 1 ½ inch
ports (aqua ultima II). Take a look at the bottom of the page of my
schematic so far. It just seems that 2 inch stuff is more available.

Thanks

When I was building my pond, someone told me to go big. I went 4''. I am
happy I did. Nothing ever gets clogged, and I am sized to handle anything

can throw at it. My two cents, says go big.

BV.